Amerisafe Group is expanding and we're looking for Confined Space Attendants!
About the company:
Amerisafe Group is a nationwide leader in safety, rescue, occupational health and industrial hygiene. We work with employers in oil/gas, power generation, manufacturing, steel, construction, transportation and many other industries in a wide range of project types and scopes.
Amerisafe Group’s Technical Rescue Team provides specialized site safety, Attendant Services and Entry/Non Entry Technical Rescue training and services nationwide. Our staff of instructors and rescue personnel are specialists within their respective fields, having expertise in vertical, confined space, collapse and trench rescue.
About the position:
***This project is scheduled for 10/15/2022 - 11/20/2022 - 12 hour shifts; both day and night shift
· Familiar with and understands the hazards that may be faced during entry, including information on the mode, signs or symptoms, and consequences of the exposure;
· Aware of possible behavioral effects of hazard exposure in authorized entrants;
· Continuously maintains an accurate count of authorized entrants in the permit space and ensures that the means used to identify authorized entrants under § 1926.1206(d) accurately identifies who is in the permit space;
· Remains outside the permit space during entry operations until relieved by another attendant;
· Communicates with authorized entrants as necessary to assess entrant status and to alert entrants of the need to evacuate the space under § 1926.1208(e);
· Assesses activities and conditions inside and outside the space to determine if it is safe for entrants to remain in the space and orders the authorized entrants to evacuate the permit space immediately under any of the following conditions:
o If there is a prohibited condition;
o If the behavioral effects of hazard exposure are apparent in an authorized entrant;
o If there is a situation outside the space that could endanger the authorized entrants; or
o If the attendant cannot effectively and safely perform all the duties required under this section;
· Summons rescue and other emergency services as soon as the attendant determines that authorized entrants may need assistance to escape from permit space hazards;
· Takes the following actions when unauthorized persons approach or enter a permit space while entry is underway:
o Warns the unauthorized persons that they must stay away from the permit space;
o Advises the unauthorized persons that they must exit immediately if they have entered the permit space;
o Informs the authorized entrants and the entry supervisor if unauthorized persons have entered the permit space;
o Performs non-entry rescues as specified by the employer's rescue procedure; and
o Performs no duties that might interfere with the attendant's primary duty to assess and protect the authorized entrants.
We provide services nationwide.
Why you should apply:
If this sounds great to you, come join us. Apply Now!