Amerisafe Group is growing our technical rescue services teams throughout the United States! We currently provide onsite rescue, Attendant, Fire Watch, training, and fit testing services in a variety of industries. We are looking for a team player to lead these services throughout the nation. The ideal candidate will have management, leadership, training, safety, rescue, client relations, and entrepreneurial experience. The preferred location for the candidate to work from is suburban Chicago, reporting to the Vice President of Operations.
Administrative responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Providing direct supervision of all Rescue Managers, Leads, and rescue staff located in our Illinois and Pennsylvania offices..
- Working closely with the Amerisafe Group business development unit (BDU) to develop a new project pipeline nationwide.
- Maintaining, developing, and evaluating systems (to be used by all regions) for the following:
- Coordinate upcoming projects with clients
- Scheduling Amerisafe personnel for all work projects
- Reporting payroll to Accounting through a timesheet process
- Gathering client information for the BDU
- Communicating pertinent project information to accounting (for billing)
- Communicating job information to all Amerisafe personnel assigned to all projects
- Continually evaluating and reporting operational items to the VP of Operations.
- Ensure all personnel are trained and/or qualified to perform designated work.
Field responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Working with Amerisafe Group colleagues (i.e., Occupational Health, Safety, and Consulting) to build better cooperation and coordination among all divisions.
- Evaluating the field performance of all onsite rescue, Attendant, Fire Watch, training, and fit testing services through periodic audits.
- Evaluating the rescue and safety training of all Rescue personnel.
- Evaluating the readiness of all Amerisafe training equipment, rescue equipment, and facilities; along with OSHA compliance.
Personnel responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Working with the regional managers to ensure the following guidelines:
- Managing a goal of 50% billable (on a weekly basis) of the rescue equipment technician (RET) staff.
- Managing a goal of 25% billable (on a weekly basis) of the Operations Managers.
- Establishing the following processes:
- Securing personnel for rescue and/or training projects.
- Assisting with the recruitment process.
Rescue responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Ensuring continuity of rescue services (confined space rescue, fresh air rescue, and/or high angle rescue) to include the following:
- Assessing potential hazards related to rescue work.
- Completing job safety analysis (Take5) documentation.
- Completing confined space documentation (permit, continuous monitoring log, accountability sheet).
- Completing rescue plans specific to the site and/or job.
- Completing the incident response process:
- Assessing the victim’s medical condition.
- Removal of the victim from the space.
- Packaging the victim.
- Establishing a rally point.
- Delivering the victim to the rally point.
The requirements for the position include:
- 10+ years of field experience in relevant industries
- 5+ years in business development
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong knowledge of OSHA and ANSI standards
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong knowledge of technical rescue, techniques, along with training activities
- Rescue certifications:
- Confined Space Rescue Technician
- High Angle Rescue Technician or Rope Access (Sprat 3 level)
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- High level of physical fitness
- Client relations experience
- Any combination of experience and education to successfully complete the job