Full-Time Field Safety Advisor
Midwest (Chicago Area) Office
The Amerisafe Group is a national, full-service safety consulting, staffing, training, confined space rescue, and occupational health company. Our staff of safety and health professionals has proven experience in developing and managing safety programs for all types of industries including petrochemical refining, energy, steel, manufacturing, and new construction.
- Investigate specific incidents and complaints to identify improvement strategies.
- Provide risk assessments and training to reduce risk in various workplaces.
- Inspect sites and identify potential OSHA and safety hazards, documenting recommendations.
- Present safety information to employees and management.
- Apply knowledge related to industrial workplace hazards and accident prevention in their workplace.
- Communicate with external resources such as hospitals, local fire departments, and rescue teams so that the proper emergency personnel are available.
- Review accident reports and document accidents using the proper forms and protocols, inspect facilities.
- Engage in worker safety training
- Conduct tests of environmental and workplace quality factors to comply with local, state, and federal laws regarding radiation, air quality, and other hazards.
- Research and present data related to employee accidents and hazards,
- Install or oversee the installation of safety devices and protective equipment.
- Lead workshops and interventions to improve safety behaviors and equipment usage.
- Inspect machinery and safety gear to ensure their proper operation and workers' protection
- Develop client relationships and look for new business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational, Health and Safety or related field
- 2-5 years' field safety experience in construction environments
- Available for heavy travel schedule and long work hours, including weekends
- The ability to evaluate technical information regarding workplace safety
- Proficiency with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office
- The ability to identify safety threats
- Ability to teach peers and subordinates safety skills in a concise manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Certifications are a plus: CSP, CHST, OSHA Train the Trainer and First Aid CPR Instructor, PEC/Safeland
We hire only experienced professionals and foster an environment of cooperation and collaboration where everyone is at a high level. If this is you, and you meet the requirements above, we want you on our team!