Full-Time Field Safety Advisor - Detroit, Michigan
The Amerisafe Group is a national full-service Safety Consulting, Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene and Confined Space Rescue company. We are currently seeking Full-Time Field Safety Consultants to work in Detroit, Michigan.
What make us different? We focus on professionalism, being customer-centric and relationship building with clients and our Safety Consultants. Our Project Managers are heavily involved in helping you be successful from day one! This is a great opportunity to be a Safety Professional where you can use your existing safety knowledge to educate and help keep on-site crews safe. At the same time you, will be growing your expertise in various industries from Heavy Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Chemical/Power Plants, Mfg. and more.
We offer a full benefits package to include:
Medical, dental, vision, PTO, STD, LTD, 401K, Life Insurance, Tuition reimbursement, extra hours bonus plan, in-house training, professional membership cost allowance, assistance financially and with study materials to help you obtain professional certifications, birth/adoption of a child leave, bereavement leave, PPE, company issued laptop.
These positions requires a local consultant to the Detroit area.
Responsibilities vary by project site, but in general:
- Investigate specific incidents and complaints to identify improvement strategies.
- Provide risk assessments and training to reduce risk in various workplaces.
- Inspect sites and identify potential OSHA and safety hazards, documenting recommendations.
- Present safety information to employees and management.
- Apply knowledge related to industrial workplace hazards and accident prevention in their workplace.
- Communicate with external resources such as hospitals, local fire departments, and rescue teams so that the proper emergency personnel are available.
- Review accident reports and document accidents using the proper forms and protocols, inspect facilities.
- Engage in worker safety training
- Conduct tests of environmental and workplace quality factors to comply with local, state, and federal laws regarding radiation, air quality, and other hazards.
- Research and present data related to employee accidents and hazards,
- Install or oversee the installation of safety devices and protective equipment.
- Lead workshops and interventions to improve safety behaviors and equipment usage.
- Inspect machinery and safety gear to ensure their proper operation and workers' protection
- Develop client relationships and look for new business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational, Health and Safety or related field preferred.
- Must live within reasonable commuting distance to Detroit, MI.
- 2+ years' field safety experience required.
- Available for travel and long work hours, including weekends based on the job site.
- The ability to evaluate technical information regarding workplace safety
- Proficiency with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office
- The ability to identify safety threats
- Ability to teach peers and those under your supervision safety skills in a concise manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Certifications are a plus: CSP, CHST, GSP, ASP, OSHA Trainer and First Aid CPR Instructor