Full-Time Field Safety Advisor - Pittsburgh, PA (Airport)
The Amerisafe Group is a national, full-service, Safety Consulting, Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene and Confined Space Rescue company. We are currently seeking a Field Safety Advisor based out of Pittsburgh, PA.
Interested Safety Professionals will be working with contractors supporting nationwide clients.
Responsibilities vary by project site, but in general:
- Make safety observations and identify potential OSHA violations and safety hazards, unsafe behaviors and document mitigation recommendations.
- Deliver safety training to employees.
- Provide risk assessments and training to reduce risk.
- Present safety information to employees and management.
- Understand the use and need for various safety devices and protective equipment.
- Lead workshops and interventions to improve safety behaviors and equipment usage.
- Inspect machinery and safety equipment to ensure their proper operation and workers' protection.
- Develop client relationships and look for new business opportunities.
- Communicate with external resources such as hospitals, local fire departments, and rescue teams so that the proper emergency personnel are available if needed.
- Review incidents and reports and document them using the proper forms and protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational, Health and Safety or related field preferred.
- 5+ years' of field safety experience. Or 12 years of relevant construction safety and health experience.
- Must Have OSHA 500 for construction in the last 4 years.
- Must have a certification: CSP, CHST, CIH, ASP, Etc.
- First Aid, CPR, AED.
- Available for travel and long work hours, including weekends based on the project schedule.
- Physically able to walk on difficult terrain and climb ladders and stairs to perform observations in industrial plants and construction sites.
- Proficiency with office-related software and safety performance programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills