Project Field Safety Advisor - Glendale, KY
The Amerisafe Group is a national full-service, Safety Consulting, Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene and Confined Space Rescue company. We are currently seeking a Field Safety Advisor based out of Glendale, KY.
Interested Local Safety Professionals should apply:
(Please Note: Travel Consultants are also being considered with per diem)
Hours: 5 to 6 days a week - 10 hours a day
Project Duration: 1 year project starting ****Feb. 2023
Responsibilities vary by project site, but in general:
- Deliver safety training to employees.
- Provide risk assessments and training to reduce risk.
- Make safety observations and identify potential OSHA violations and safety hazards, unsafe behaviors and document mitigation recommendations.
- Present safety information to employees and management.
- Communicate with external resources such as hospitals, local fire departments, and rescue teams so that the proper emergency personnel are available.
- Review incidents and reports and document them using the proper forms and protocols.
- Understand the use and need for various safety devices and protective equipment.
- Lead workshops and interventions to improve safety behaviors and equipment usage.
- Inspect machinery and safety equipment to ensure their proper operation and workers' protection.
- Develop client relationships and look for new business opportunities.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited institution.
- 1 - 5 years’ experience as a safety professional working with many trades.
- Engaged, Confident, and Motivated Safety Professional.
- Must have OSHA 30
- Automotive and Construction experience needed to apply.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- First Aid & CPR; is a plus.
- Reasonable suspicion training; is a plus.