The Amerisafe Group is seeking a seasoned, driven health and safety professional to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated professional with field experience in health and safety, and capable of conducting or quickly learning Consultation Group activities (worker training, program development, Proposal development, etc.) as well.
- Investigate specific incidents and complaints to identify improvement strategies.
- Provide risk assessments and training to reduce risk in various workplaces.
- Inspect sites and identify potential OSHA and safety hazards, documenting recommendations.
- Present safety information to employees and management.
- Apply knowledge related to industrial workplace hazards and accident prevention in their workplace.
- Communicate with external resources such as hospitals, local fire departments, and rescue teams so that the proper emergency personnel are available.
- Review accident reports and document accidents using the proper forms and protocols, inspect facilities.
- Engage in worker safety training
- Conduct tests of environmental and workplace quality factors to comply with local, state, and federal laws regarding radiation, air quality, and other hazards.
- Research and present data related to employee accidents and hazards,
- Install or oversee the installation of safety devices and protective equipment.
- Lead workshops and interventions to improve safety behaviors and equipment usage.
- Inspect machinery and safety gear to ensure their proper operation and workers' protection
- Develop client relationships and look for new business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Science, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field
- 5+ years of field experience in relevant industries
- Experience developing programs, presenting training, preparing Proposals and/or performing industrial hygiene-related activities
- Rescue and/or confined space experience a plus
- Business development and client relations experience
- Be results-oriented, have strong analytical and decision-making abilities, and be a creative problem solver
- Leadership and management experience in the health and safety profession
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong technical skills
- Safety-related certifications or advanced degree are a plus