Interns will work with full-time with Project Managers and Safety Consultants at Amerisafe Group throughout a 12 week period directly shadowing on job sites gaining exposure within multiple industries.
- Investigate specific incidents and complaints to identify improvement strategies.
- Provide risk assessments and training to reduce risk in various workplaces.
- Inspect sites and identify potential OSHA and safety hazards, documenting recommendations.
- Present safety information to employees and management.
- Apply knowledge related to industrial workplace hazards and accident prevention in their workplace.
- Communicate with external resources such as hospitals, local fire departments, and rescue teams so that the proper emergency personnel are available.
- Review accident reports and document accidents using the proper forms and protocols, inspect facilities.
- Engage in worker safety training
- Conduct tests of environmental and workplace quality factors to comply with local, state, and federal laws regarding radiation, air quality, and other hazards.
- Research and present data related to employee accidents and hazards,
- Install or oversee the installation of safety devices and protective equipment.
- Inspect machinery and safety gear to ensure their proper operation and workers' protection
- Current students at the senior level working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Occupational, Health and Safety or related field
- Available for travel and work including weekends and various shifts
- The ability to evaluate technical information regarding workplace safety
- Proficiency with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office
- The ability to identify safety threats
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience with construction or knowledge of construction terminology is a plus.