Amerisafe Group is seeking an Industrial Hygienist to support a mining project in Carlsbad, NM.
Project begins ASAP with a 4 month minimum duration - 4/10s schedule
Scope of work: Support industrial & mining operations; IH monitoring, sampling, reviewing & analyzing sampling data, writing reports, etc.
- 5-7 years' IH experience - 4 year safety/industrial hygiene degree
- Knowledge requirements: OSHA 1910/1926, ACGIH
- Available to long work hours, including weekends
- The ability to evaluate technical information regarding workplace safety
- Proficiency with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office
- The ability to identify safety threats
- Ability to teach peers and subordinates safety skills in a concise manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Investigate specific incidents & complaints to identify improvement strategies
- Provide risk assessments and training to reduce risk in various workplaces
- Inspect sites and identify potential OSHA & safety hazards, documenting recommendations
- Present safety information to employees & management
- Apply knowledge related to industrial workplace hazards & accident prevention in their workplace
- Communicate with external resources such as hospitals, local fire departments, & rescue teams so that the proper emergency personnel are available
- Review accident reports and document accidents using the proper forms & protocols, inspect facilities
- Engage in worker safety training
- Conduct tests of environmental and workplace quality factors to comply with local, state, & federal laws regarding radiation, air quality, and other hazards
- Research and present data related to employee accidents and hazards,
- Install or oversee the installation of safety devices and protective equipment.
- Lead workshops and interventions to improve safety behaviors and equipment usage.
- Inspect machinery and safety gear to ensure their proper operation and workers' protection
Send resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with IH position in subject line.