Are you a Nurse Practitioner looking for a rewarding career in Occupational Health?
Amerisafe Group is currently hiring Nurse Practitioners to work day shift at an oil refinery in Houston, PA. Occupational Health experience is preferred, but not required. Paid orientation/training is provided at the job site.
Night Shift: (10 hour shifts, hours TBD) 5 days a week
Location: Oil Refinery in Houston, PA
Clinical Care Role:
- Provide nursing assessment and interventions within the scope of practice of the practitioner. Assessment includes obtaining a complete history, performing a physical assessment noting deviations from the norm, ordering medical testing and making a nursing assessment. Interventions include selecting, administering or ordering medications, physical therapy, specialist consultations and recommending medical limitations or restrictions to activity, all within the Clinical Guidelines approved by the collaborating physician.
- Evaluate employees with work-related injuries and illnesses and/or personal medical conditions for their fitness for duty. This includes obtaining and reviewing company and external health and position information, completing a medical history and performing any needed physical assessments in order to define the appropriate work placement for the employee’s medical status.
- Provide travel health counseling and services for business travelers. This includes counseling on specific health concerns based on the traveler’s itinerary and providing or arranging the recommended immunizations, medications or other interventions needed.
Case Management Role:
- Provide Case Management services for work related cases and for identified personal cases. Case management includes obtaining and reviewing health and position information on a case, developing a specific plan for returning the employee to the highest level of job capability given the medical condition and then monitoring, tracking and communicating progress.
- Masters degree in nursing (NP) or equivalent desirable.
- Current license as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) in the state of PENNSYLVANIA.
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing is desirable.
- BLS Certification Required
- Detailed knowledge of anatomy, physiology, toxicology, health promotion, lifestyle risk factors and ergonomics, especially as related to the occupational environments is essential.
- Specific training in physical skills assessment and in the theory and implementation of specific medical testing is expected.
- Certification in Hearing Conservation and Spirometry is desirable.
- Breath Alcohol Testing certification is desirable.
- Proficiency in phlebotomy and EKG testing is also required.
- In addition, knowledge of the laws, regulations and standards governing health and safety for employees is necessary.
- Practical knowledge of the principles of epidemiology, safety, industrial hygiene, wellness and behavioral change theory.
- 3-5 years' experience in nursing
- At least 1-2 years' experience in Occupational Health Nursing desirable
- Minimum of 1+ years as a NP required
- Requires strong interpersonal skills, (negotiation skills), persuasiveness, diplomacy and tact to provide coordination of health care for employees.
- Must interact with plant and site supervision, business leaders, non-exempt, and hourly personnel in all functions.
- Must interact with peers and functional leaders at other sites to exchange technical information and encourage sharing of ideas.
Amerisafe Group provides comprehensive occupational health nursing staff and workplace testing services across the nation that not only stand up to the competition, but go above and beyond the competition. In addition, we make it our top priority to lead the way in superb customer service. As an Amerisafe employee, the Occupational Health Nurse will provide injury evaluation and management with healthcare advice and direction to all employees and will work collaboratively with the leadership and operational teams to promote a healthy and safe work environment. The occupational health nurse works to help employees remain healthy and productive with a focus on employee protection from work-related and environmental hazards and prevention of illness and injury in the workplace.
Amerisafe Group Offers:
- Competitive hourly wage with overtime available
- W2 employees, not 1099
- Opportunity to learn and expand expertise
- Low stress environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.