Occupational Health - Registered Nurse
Shift: Tuesdays & Wednesdays 8am-4pm *20-hour workweek
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- This is a part-time position working 8-hour shifts every Tuesday and Wednesday. Occasionally additional days might be requested to cover the full-time plant nurses vacations, etc.
- Conduct pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident drug and alcohol testing for all plant workers
- Provide competent emergency and non-emergency medical treatment for onsite injuries and illnesses
- Keep the Safety Manager informed on status of medical services, medical equipment failure, incidents, and unusual problems or conditions
- Conduct regular inspections and tests of medical service facilities and systems
- Enter lab results and data into computer
- Monitor inventory needs for required medical supplies; place orders as required to maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Ensure the integrity of the drug screen collection bathroom.
- Ensure all non-disposable instruments requiring sterilization are clean and sterile.
- Calibrate equipment monthly and maintain proper equipment logs.
- Monitor temperature logs daily for variance.
- Previous Occupational Health experience preferred
- Prior Ambulatory and/or Clinical Care Services experience.
- Active Pennsylvania RN License
- Maintain composure, even in very difficult situations.
- Customer service skills.
- Prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Knowledge of terminology used in diagnosis and classification of illnesses, injuries, and disabilities.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Critically evaluate and analyze information in written materials.
- Handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Solve problems by analyzing information and using logic to address issues and problems.
- Knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations preferred
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.