Project Field Safety Advisor
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Project Length: 2 - 3 years
Temp to Hire Opportunity
*Must be local or willing to relocate to the area
- Investigate specific incidents and complaints to identify improvement strategies.
- Provide risk assessments and training to reduce risk in various workplaces.
- Inspect sites and identify potential OSHA and safety hazards, documenting recommendations.
- Present safety information to employees and management.
- Apply knowledge related to industrial workplace hazards and accident prevention in their workplace.
- Communicate with external resources such as hospitals, local fire departments, and rescue teams so that the proper emergency personnel are available.
- Review accident reports and document accidents using the proper forms and protocols, inspect facilities.
- Engage in worker safety training
- Conduct tests of environmental and workplace quality factors to comply with local, state, and federal laws regarding radiation, air quality, and other hazards.
- Research and present data related to employee accidents and hazards,
- Install or oversee the installation of safety devices and protective equipment.
- Lead workshops and interventions to improve safety behaviors and equipment usage.
- Inspect machinery and safety gear to ensure their proper operation and workers' protection
- Develop client relationships and look for new business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational, Health and Safety or related field
- Field safety experience in construction environments
- Available for heavy travel schedule and long work hours, including weekends
- The ability to evaluate technical information regarding workplace safety
- Proficiency with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office
- The ability to identify safety threats
- Ability to teach peers and subordinates safety skills in a concise manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Certifications are a plus: CSP, CHST, OSHA Train the Trainer and First Aid CPR Instructor, PEC/Safeland