Amerisafe Group is looking for a Safety Consultant to oversee site safety for a General Industry Project at an Aluminum Manufacturing Facility. This is a contract position.
Location: Uhrichsville, OH
Start Date: 4/19/2021
Duration: 2 months+
Shift: 3 (10 hour days) 3 days off; 30 hours the first week with $300 per diem and then 40 hours a week thereafter with $400 per diem
Per Diem: $100/day for days worked
Scope of Work: general industry-safety oversight at aluminum manufacturing facility.
- Investigate specific incidents and complaints to identify improvement strategies.
- Provide risk assessments and training to reduce risk in various workplaces.
- Inspect sites and identify potential OSHA and safety hazards, documenting recommendations.
- Present safety information to employees and management.
- Apply knowledge related to industrial workplace hazards and accident prevention in their workplace.
- Communicate with external resources such as hospitals, local fire departments, and rescue teams so that the proper emergency personnel are available.
- Review accident reports and document accidents using the proper forms and protocols, inspect facilities.
- Engage in worker safety training
- Conduct tests of environmental and workplace quality factors to comply with local, state, and federal laws regarding radiation, air quality, and other hazards.
- Research and present data related to employee accidents and hazards,
- Install or oversee the installation of safety devices and protective equipment.
- Lead workshops and interventions to improve safety behaviors and equipment usage.
- Field safety experience
- Available to long work hours, including weekends
- The ability to evaluate technical information regarding workplace safety
- Proficiency with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office
- The ability to identify safety threats
- Ability to teach peers and subordinates safety skills in a concise manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills